Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LED Driving lights

LED Driving lights 05 Jan 2010 08:38 #75340

• Gianni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello Dan,

I too like a lot of these new LED lights, but before you mount them on my DN 01, I thought about it for 2 reasons:

1) - The light is so strong that it blinds those coming in the opposite direction and this can cause serious accidents. If it is proved, it incurs a penalty of a criminal nature.

2) - In Italy, the regulations of the Highway Code (Law 85/2001) provides for the approval of all the accessories of vehicles. Gia xenon lamps are not covered if not standard, but 'tolerated' as long as certain rules are followed precisely to avoid glare to other motorists.

Then there's my personal opinion on the aesthetic factor. A bike like ours, just lends itself precisely to the particular design, application of these accessories.

The first headlamp MartinLed, is the top hand in the nautical field.

Will buy it for my boat ....

ps: I personally witnessed during a stop at convenience store, to open to prosecution by a police patrol road, a group of bikers who had the sloping rear plate for, concealing the markings identifying the vehicle. (It's worth ruining .... criminal record??)

With these headlights the same could happen to me .... not worth the risk.

Ciao Dan,

anche a me piacciono molto questi nuovi fari a led, però prima di montarli sulla mia DN 01, io ci penserei per 2 motivi:

1) - La luce è talmente forte che abbaglia chi viene in senso inverso e questo può causare gravi incidenti. Se è provato, si incorre in sanzioni di carattere penale.

2) - In Italia, i regolamenti del Codice della Strada (LEGGE 85/2001) prevedono l'omologazione di tutti gli accessori a corredo dei veicoli. Gia le lampade allo xenon non sono previste se non di serie, ma 'tollerate' a patto vengano rispettate alcune regole proprio per evitare fenomeni di abbagliamento agli altri automobilisti.

Poi c'è il mio giudizio personale sul fattore estetico. Una moto come la nostra, poco si presta proprio per il particolare design, all'applicazione di questi accessori.

Il primo proiettore della MartinLed, è il top invece nel campo nautico.

Lo acquisterò per la mia barca....

p.s.: Ho assistito personalmente durante una sosta in autogrill, alla denuncia all'autorità giudiziaria da parte di una pattuglia della polizia stradale, di un gruppo di motociclisti che avevano la targa posteriore inclinata per, occultamento dei contrassegni identificativi del veicolo. ( ....Vale la pena rovinarsi la fedina penale ???)

Con quest fari potrebbe succedere lo stesso....per me non vale la pena rischiare.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

LED Driving lights 05 Jan 2010 11:45 #75341

Gianni,

First,

Thank You kindly for the courtesy of writing an English translation.

This was very thoughtful of you. Much appreciated.

I guess things are more strict in Italy than in the USA.

As long as I aim the lights properly, I would have no trouble.

and the Martin LEDs have 3 different intensity settings, so that can be changed for on and off road use.

I've never been stopped for my dual Xenon/HID headlights, nor my 55 watt drving lights on my Silverwing.

To each, their own.

This post was more of an FYI (For Your Information) post rather than a recommendation.

Dan

LED Driving lights 05 Jan 2010 12:34 #75339

I am a big fan of Xenon/HID headlights, but even with them I still have a pair of driving lights on my bike.

The following company demonstrates their new LED auxilliary light.

This is 900 lumens, comparable with a 35watt driving light.

It is very nice, and I think when I finally get my DN-01 I will add them instead of the motolights.

They do post pictures of beam comparisons.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested:

http://martin-led.com/beam-shots.html

Here is a competitive product also.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5224

LED Driving lights 06 Jan 2010 00:34 #75342

• Gianni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Renting The problem is that the beam is circular as you can see from the video, and then dazzles those who run the streets, and that applies in Italy but also in the streets all over the world !!!!

Il problema pricipale è che il fascio luminoso come vedi dal video, è circolare e quindi abbaglia chi incontri per strada, e questo vale in Italia ma anche nelle strade di tutto il resto del mondo !!!

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Joomla templates by a4joomla